Wednesday, December 30, 2015

3D Wall Art: Passion (Part 2)

Today, with the foil-covered canvas dry and ready for decoration . . . I decorated it. (Well, the sentence started out like an epic might but kind of fizzled near the end.) There really isn't much to say about this stage because it all hinges on personal preference. I arranged my roses in an asthetically pleasing way, fiddled around with some silver puffy stickers, tore up some sheet music . . .



Glued it all down . . .



And there you have it! Now to stage it by placing some objects around randomly.



Look at how artsy those sticks look. Oh, the juxtapostion! *three snaps in Z formation*

Another dreary day so the lighting in these pictures isn't something I'm totally pleased with, but c'est la vie.

A note about the back: I made sure to seal those loose foil edges down with a layer of Mod Podge.



Overall I am very pleased with the finished product. For the next 3D Wall Art project I'll do a green color scheme and will incorporate some watercolors into it! And feathers. Gotta like fluffy feathers!

If you'd like to own this piece, head over to my Etsy shop.

Tips? Comments?

See you soon with a mahogany tray in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment