Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sewing a Realistic Dragon (Part 2)

Here are some pictures!



For the chest and stomach area, which is that pointed oval piece, I cut another piece exactly the same in a sort of lacey glittery fabric. During the sewing process I treated them as one piece.

So far so good!

I probably won't give this one away. As I said, it's the prototype. I'll figure out what all the kinks are in this one and the next ones I make I can alter to be exactly like I want them.

One thing that I really want is ribbing or something of that sort on the stomach, so I'll have to play around with it. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that satin frays the dickens. I don't know if you can see it but right at the bend of the tail the seam didn't hold. A different fabric would probably be easier to work with, like thin fleece or something.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment